Sunday, January 23, 2011

Birthday's celebrated, Lessons learned.

So this weekend was amazing. A good comfy kind of amazing. We made the journey back home Friday to begin the celebration of the twins first birthday. We relaxed on Friday night at moms house and ate the best pizza on the planet. Tims! if you are ever in the ville I would strongly encourage it! Then Saturday my brother, who I might add is simply awesome surprised us with donuts from Ricks bakery. Another of the ville's finest!
Anyway Saturday afternoon it was time to celebrate! And I must say my sister in law has to be one of the most creative people EVER! The theme was double bubble, double trouble. And it was decked out! From mini bubble gumball machines to pictures of everyone blowing bubbles, to balloon's wrapped in cellophane to look like bubblegum! It was nice just to celebrate their tiny lives.

But as with all fun times...well as with all times there is a lesson. An individual crossed my path this weekend whom I haven't seen in a year. Most would see this figure in their lives daily, weekly or even monthly. But for me it had been a year. And not really for a reason but it just didn't happen. And sadly it wasn't missed. You see almost 13 years ago this individual decided that sin was better then the life they had. And left. And frankly I wanted nothing to do with this "new" and "better" life. And as years went on and forgiveness took place the relationship seemed to fade. I am not sure how much either one of us wanted to carry it on. So I sat around looking at people who enrich my life. Make it better just by being in it! And I realize Although sin took one relationship. God provided many more to help in my daily walk and growth with Him

No comments:

Post a Comment